Wednesday 9 February 2011

Big Fat Gypsy Weddings

Well everyone I know has been watching it every Tuesday night on Ch4 and it has to be one of my secret guilty pleasures aswell.
Where does all their money come from....? thats what I want to know!
The traveller brides dress alone costs usually double the amount of a whole traditional wedding of a non-traveller. Then there's the bidesmaids...most brides wont their bridesmaids to blend into the background not to overdo them but gypsy bridesmaids....there's no chances of that happening with the bright neons they put them in!
Dresses so large they are unable to get into the horse-drawn carriages or limos and they are all then left with scars around their waists due to the weight of the frame of the underskirt.
'Grabbing' - is it not a kind of rape?

The girls are drummed into thinking about their weddings from a young age, all aspiring to be a 'princess' defining why all their dresses look like a hyped up cinderella.

I definatly would never see my wedding as being anything as big and bold as a travellers but you can't help but love them slightly. I wouldn't say no to an invite....just to see what it's like.

The brides.

The dress maker - Thelma!

The maids.

All virgins until they are married - dress like the most provacative girls I think I've ever seen, talk about not judging a book by its cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment